Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day




Welcomed this morning with these precious cards from the children...

  I can never get tired of their homemade cards.  I love the way I see each of their personalities and uniqueness in each one of them.  I always feel a little disappointed when I hear of them planning on buying some from the store...and I try and drop hints that the homemade ones are so much more special to me.  I see their heart in them.  I keep every one of them.  I have a loaded drawer full.  I thought of showing the inside of some of these, because they were all so sweet, and some of them hilarious, too!  Such as showing what a typical day in our home looks like.  They gave me a good laugh.

We had some homemade strawberry pie, too.  It was incredible.  And easy.  I always like that combination! 



After church we drove to a nearby Italian restaurant for some good Italian food, one of my favorites.  It was a bit hectic as our two year old decided he really didn't want to be there.  When we got home I had my husband quickly take a picture of me with the kids before little Gabe, who was already cranky, had a total meltdown. 



 They've stretched me and helped shape me into who I am today.


I could write so much on what being a mother means to me, but will save that for another post.  My mother has been in heaven for several years now, so it's always a very bittersweet day for me.  I miss her so much.  There's so many times I wish I could pick up the phone and ask her advice on so many things.  It breaks my heart that she's not here to watch the children grow, and that there's two that she's never even met.  I so look forward to a glorious reunion...and first-time meeting of her with her grandchildren in heaven! What a day that will be.

 
So blessed to be the mother of these children.


I so love each one of them and their unique personalities that they bring into this home.


How they've caused me to grow.
 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Type your message here...