Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lest I Forget

Thinking of this...








As we're experiencing another snap of cold, rainy weather right now, it makes me pause to think about our wonderful Florida vacation this last winter.  I can feel the sunshine and the warm water by just looking at these pictures once again.  For our two youngest, it was the first time they had ever seen the ocean.  It had also been many years since the four oldest had been to the beach.



I only wish I'd had the video camera with me to record the expressions on all of their faces and the sounds of joy coming from them...



There's no way to describe to someone the power and majesty of the ocean when you're seeing it for the first time.  When we first arrived in Florida after a 2-day long drive, it was our 9 year old's birthday, and the first thing he wanted to do was go see the ocean, which is just two blocks away from their grandparents'.  I will never forget how COLD it was that day!  If I remember right, it was in the 40's...very unusual for Florida.  We all walked to the beach, with our winter coats on.  It's so comical to me now to think back on the "talk" we had with the children ahead of time, telling them that we were only going to look at the ocean today.  When it was warmer, we would get in and swim.  Ha! What were we thinking??!!  Before we knew it, they were all running in the water with their winter coats and jeans on, squealing and loving every minute of it. 

 A very sweet woman who was passing by offered to take pictures of the children with her cell phone...






Even though the pictures aren't the best quality, the memories that they bring back are priceless!  I have to be honest...for many years now I haven't been much of a beach girl.  I was pretty happy to move away from it several years ago and get more into the mountains.  All that to say, I was pretty awestruck after being away from it for several years.  It reminded me of how the power and majesty of God is so strongly felt in the ocean.


This little winter trip will forever be etched in my mind.  It came on the heels of a very dark time for my husband and I.  It was only by God's grace that we were even there. 


We embraced every moment as a gift from God.


May you see His gifts today made with you in mind!




  

6 comments:

  1. Love seeing your pictures, you are a great photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, ReAnne. I enjoyed reading your post this morning. You have much wisdom for your years!

      Delete
  2. i LOVE the beach~ there's nothing like it so peaceful and relaxing.
    seeing your pics makes me want to be there NOW!! :)

    the shots of your kiddos running in the water is awesome..
    i remember our kids doing the same thing. it was chilly too.
    and yes.. we had some people stopping to stare and laugh at their excitement.

    so cool God worked out this trip for you guys when you most needed it.
    love when He does stuff like that! :)

    thanks for your visits to my blog and sweet comments.
    always fun meeting new friends in the blog world~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great hearing from you, Amber! Have enjoyed your blog for quite some time...I always come away being blessed by what you share. Have a blessed Tuesday!

      Delete
  3. great pictures! Following <3 alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Type your message here...